Salifert is a well reputed brand in the salt water/ marine aquarium industry. The products are manufactured in Holland. It was rated as the top performing test kit in terms or accuracy, ease of use, reliability and price among most of its test kits on the 2019 Bulk Reef Supply Best Test Kit comparison program. In Sri Lanka, A R exotics is the only distributor of genuine Salifert branded products for marine aquarium and other uses.
Easily test the Calcium level in your tank. Used by advanced reefers for decades, Salifert Test Kits feature some of the easiest to read results available to each testing method.
- Calcium is a major contributor of coralline algae, the skeletal material of both hard corals and the needles of soft/leather corals. In number of cases low levels of calcium concentration damages coral and coralline algae growth.
- Calcium is fundamental for fulfilling multiple key biological functions.
- In a thriving aquarium, the growth of corals, calcareous algae and other organisms can result in calcium depletion. In order to maintain a stable environment it is important that the calcium levels should not change by more than 15 mg/L from the optimum range of 420 – 450 mg/L so regular testing should be carried out.
- This indicates that any calcium test used should have an accuracy of significantly less than 15mg/L otherwise it will be difficult to monitor such fluctuations.
- Salifert test kit exactly measures this in steps of 5 mg/L and has an accuracy of 10 mg/L.
- The color change is accurate, while detecting small but significant fluctuations in the concentration of calcium.
- The test is not affected by magnesium.
- Can be used for marine water, freshwater and garden pond water
Contains sodium hydroxide and is strongly irritating to skin and eyes. In case of contact with skin wash with plenty of water. In case of contact with the eyes wash with plenty water and consult a physician immediately.
Not for consumption. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed contact a physician immediately.
Contains approximately 50-100 Tests