Salifert is a well reputed brand in the salt water/ marine aquarium industry. The products are manufactured in Holland. It was rated as the top performing test kit in terms or accuracy, ease of use, reliability and price among most of its test kits on the 2019 Bulk Reef Supply Best Test Kit comparison program. In Sri Lanka, A R exotics is the only distributor of genuine Salifert branded products for marine aquarium and other uses.
Simply test the kH/Alkalinity level in your tank. Used by advanced reefers for decades, Salifert Test Kits feature some of the easiest to read results available to each testing method.
Salifert KH/Alkalinity Profi-Test
- Calcium is not the only substance needed to form the skeletal material of corals and allow calcareous algae to grow. Carbonate and bicarbonate are also needed and these two substances can have a major effect on stabilizing or buffering pH levels in the aquarium in the correct range of 8.1 to 8.4.
- The total carbonate and bicarbonate concentration is also called alkalinity or carbonate hardness and for a stable system the alkalinity should not fluctuate by more than 5% from the optimum level of approx. 2.8 meq/L i.e. a maximum fluctuation of 0.14 meq/L.
- The Salifert test is sensitive enough to detect small changes in levels of alkalinity, measuring in steps of 0.1 meq/L and demonstrating a very sharp color change.
- Sufficient for 100 to 200 tests.
- Can be used for marine water, freshwater and garden pond water
The KH/Alkalinity reagent contains a dye. Avoid spilling the dye on fabric and other materials since they may become stained. Keep out of reach of children. Not for consumption.
The Salifert kH/Alkalinity Test Kit contains 100-200 (typically closer to 100) tests.